Thursday 19 June 2008

My first blog!

Hello my name is Sally and I’m a single parent with 4 children.

I have a boy who’s the eldest at 11 and three girls at 9, 7, and 3 years of age. This keeps me rather busy, but I like to keep active and I love a challenge!

It’s important to me to stay in contact with my friends and family. So I try to see them all regularly. I would love to travel but with 4 kids it’s too expensive so I have to stay close to home (UK only)!

I get titbits from those that do go places and dream and plan for my future travels! I reckon I have about another 7 years to wait!!! Ye…. ha…! By then my son will be old enough to baby-sit!

I’m an avid reader and will read most things. I like to share my experiences of parenting and life in general.

I do quite a bit of voluntary work that has helped me in a lot of ways. It’s given me adult conversation and a bit of time away from the kids so, especially when they were little, I could recharge my batteries!

I have also gained several qualifications and tons of experience whilst volunteering as I am able to be flexible, it fits in with my kids and school but the main thing that I have gotten from volunteering is confidence!

Join me next week when I will let you in on some of our weekly antics and goings on!

No comments: