Thursday 7 August 2008

Money! Bored! Money!

Hi
I,m really starting to feel the holiday stress, as the weather has not been so great we have spent a lot of time in the house this week. My son has spent a lot of his time staying with friends and this week he,s been on an activity week.

But the girls are being quite demanding as they say their BORED!! and trying to keep them from arguing with each other and giving them ideas as what to do every five minutes is starting to get on my nerves. As you know I'm the font of all knowledge and can just pull thousands of things that "THEY" want to do out the top of my head at any given moment.

We did go to the Bristol Harbour Festival on Saturday night to see the fireworks, and spent a small fortune on rides, why is it that you can't leave the house with out spending money? even just going to the park and having a picnic you would think it's free? Wrong the ice cream van comes along and bang go's another fiver.

Oh well i will get the chance to have some time out this weekend it's my friends birthday party, also it's my nieces christening so the kids will have all their cousins to play with. But honestly i am enjoying spending extra time with them even though it's stressful!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Sally,
I've just found your blog - it's good to read about another single mum trying to cope with life!

It's hard keeping the children occupied for the summer, but I've found a great strategy for when they say they're bored. I say 'great, it's ok to be bored sometimes. Use the time to think about what you could do to stop being bored.' Amazingly, it seems to work!

One Space said...

Hi notsupermum
Thanks for your comments i will have to remember to use your strategy next time their Bored!

Its great to hear back from other parents and know that someone is reading your blog and maybe finding it benefical or at the least a bit entertaining.