Wednesday 15 October 2008

Budgeting for Christmas

Well i am back again, i can't say that all that much has happened this week the highlight of the week was the girls had won a colouring competition and received some craft books and pencils for their effort.

I have been looking at jobs and have visited the lone deal adviser who has been supportive, i did see a job that I'm going to apply for, as this is my first application in ooh about 12yrs I'm hoping to get some help from a friend.

I have also been trying to do some dare i say christmas shopping. Money is starting to get even tighter now that i have had to use the heating, on the odd occassion and with the food prices going up i started worrying about being able to afford at least a few of the things that the kids are asking for.

So i have started out by making a budget which i'm hoping to stick to as i have reduced the amount to spend on each person. I had to have a talk with the older chldren about their expectations as they were wanting really expensive items.

They went away and come back with somethings that were more workable for me and possibly them in the long run as they have really thought about what they need/want rather than what thier friends have got or wants.

No comments: